Get ready to pack your bags and take your furry friend on an adventure of a lifetime! Imagine waking up to the sound of birds chirping and the fresh scent of pine in the air, all while enjoying the company of your beloved pet. Pet-friendly hotels with pet-friendly lodges in the forest offer a unique and exciting experience for both you and your pet. These lodges provide a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in nature with your furry companion by your side. From dog-friendly nature walks to bird-calling events, these lodges offer a range of activities that allow you to connect with your pet and the natural world around you. So, whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a family vacation, these pet-friendly lodges in the forest are sure to provide a memorable experience for you and your furry friend.
Pet-Friendly Lodges in the Forest: A Perfect Getaway for Pet Owners
The Growing Demand for Pet-Friendly Accommodations
The increasing popularity of pet ownership has led to a growing demand for pet-friendly accommodations. More and more pet owners are looking for places to stay that cater to their pets’ needs and allow them to bring their furry friends along on vacation. This trend has resulted in a rise in the number of pet-friendly lodges and hotels, as well as a greater emphasis on providing amenities and services that cater to pets.
One reason for this growing demand is the close bond that many pet owners have with their pets. Pets are often considered members of the family, and owners want to ensure that they are well taken care of while they are away. By choosing pet-friendly accommodations, owners can be sure that their pets will be comfortable and happy during their stay.
Another factor contributing to the demand for pet-friendly lodges is the increasing number of people who are taking their pets on trips and vacations. With more people working remotely and having flexible schedules, it is easier for them to bring their pets along on trips. This has led to a greater need for accommodations that cater to pets, such as pet-friendly lodges in the forest.
In addition, many pet owners are looking for unique and memorable experiences for themselves and their pets. Staying in a pet-friendly lodge in the forest provides an opportunity for pet owners to enjoy a one-of-a-kind wildlife experience with their pets. They can explore the forest with their pets, take in the natural beauty of the surroundings, and enjoy activities such as hiking and birdwatching with their furry companions by their side.
Overall, the growing demand for pet-friendly accommodations reflects the changing attitudes towards pets and the desire of pet owners to share unique experiences with their pets. Pet-friendly lodges in the forest offer a great way for pet owners to satisfy this demand and provide their pets with a memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Choosing the Right Pet-Friendly Lodge for Your Next Adventure
Selecting the ideal pet-friendly lodge for your next adventure requires careful consideration. To make the best choice, you should consider the following factors:
Choose a lodge that is conveniently located in a forest or wilderness area that offers ample opportunities for exploring wildlife. This will ensure that you and your pet can enjoy a unique and exciting experience while staying at the lodge.
Consider the amenities that the lodge offers. Ideally, the lodge should have pet-friendly facilities such as a pet-friendly pool, dog park, and walking trails. It should also have comfortable accommodations and a range of activities to keep both you and your pet entertained during your stay.
- Pet Policies:
Before making a reservation, it is essential to review the lodge’s pet policies. Find out if there are any restrictions on the number of pets allowed, size or breed restrictions, and any additional fees or deposits required for bringing your pet. It is also essential to ensure that the lodge has a veterinarian on call in case of any emergencies.
- Reviews and Reputation:
Research the lodge’s reputation by reading reviews from previous guests. This will give you an idea of the quality of the facilities, the level of service, and the overall experience that you can expect while staying at the lodge. Look for positive reviews from pet owners who have stayed at the lodge and enjoyed a unique wildlife experience with their pets.
Consider the cost of the lodge when making your decision. Pet-friendly lodges can vary in price, so it is essential to find one that fits within your budget while still offering the amenities and location that you desire. Remember that the cost of the lodge should not be the only factor in your decision, but it is an essential consideration.
By carefully considering these factors, you can choose the right pet-friendly lodge for your next adventure in the forest, ensuring a unique and memorable experience for both you and your pet.
The Benefits of Staying in a Pet-Friendly Lodge in the Forest
- Immerse in Nature: Pet-friendly lodges in the forest offer an opportunity to immerse in nature, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Surrounded by lush greenery, you can experience the serenity of the wilderness while bonding with your furry companion.
- Access to Unique Wildlife: By staying in a pet-friendly lodge in the forest, you and your pet can have a unique wildlife experience. Many lodges are located near national parks or wildlife reserves, allowing you to explore the natural habitat of various species and witness breathtaking wildlife encounters.
- Personalized Experience: Pet-friendly lodges often provide personalized experiences tailored to the needs of both you and your pet. This may include customized pet amenities, such as special food or treats, as well as activities designed for both humans and their pets, creating a memorable bonding experience.
- Enhanced Well-being: Staying in a pet-friendly lodge in the forest can have a positive impact on both physical and mental well-being. Research has shown that spending time in nature and interacting with pets can reduce stress, improve mood, and enhance overall quality of life.
Pet-Friendly Activities in the Forest
Dog-Friendly Nature Walks
When it comes to exploring the forest with your furry friend, dog-friendly nature walks are an excellent way to spend quality time together while taking in the beauty of the natural world. Many pet-friendly lodges offer guided or self-guided nature walks that allow you and your pet to explore the surrounding wilderness, observing wildlife and experiencing the great outdoors.
Some lodges even offer specialized walks that cater specifically to dogs, such as off-leash areas or walks that focus on dog-friendly activities like scent work or agility courses. These walks are not only a great way to exercise your pet but also a chance to socialize with other dog owners and make new friends.
When embarking on a dog-friendly nature walk, it’s important to remember to keep your pet on a leash or under voice control at all times, clean up after your pet, and respect the wildlife and their habitat. With proper preparation and planning, dog-friendly nature walks can be a fun and rewarding experience for both you and your furry companion.
Dog-Friendly Bird-Calling Events
- Introducing the thrilling world of bird-watching with your furry friend by your side.
- The concept of dog-friendly bird-calling events originated as a unique way to combine the interests of both pet owners and wildlife enthusiasts.
- These events provide an opportunity for pet owners to bond with their pets while exploring the beautiful forest ecosystem and learning about its diverse bird population.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their dogs along for a day of bird-watching, with trained guides leading the way through the forest to spot a variety of bird species.
- During the event, experienced guides use bird-calling devices to mimic the songs of different bird species, luring them out of hiding for a closer look.
- This method allows for a more interactive and engaging bird-watching experience, as participants can observe the birds’ reactions to the calls and learn about their behaviors in their natural habitat.
- In addition to bird-watching, these events often include other pet-friendly activities such as hiking, picnicking, and swimming in nearby lakes or rivers.
- The aim of these events is to create a memorable experience for both pets and owners, fostering a deeper appreciation for the natural world and the importance of conservation.
- As a result, dog-friendly bird-calling events have become increasingly popular among pet owners seeking a unique and adventurous way to spend time with their furry companions.
Other Fun Activities for You and Your Pet
Apart from hiking and wildlife viewing, there are plenty of other fun activities that you can enjoy with your furry friend at pet-friendly lodges in the forest. Here are some examples:
- Swimming: Many lodges have swimming pools or lakes where you can take a dip with your pet. This is a great way to cool off on a hot day and have some fun with your furry friend.
- Playing Fetch: The forest is the perfect place to play fetch with your pet. You can bring along a ball or a frisbee and enjoy a game of catch with your furry friend.
- Bird Watching: If you and your pet enjoy bird watching, you can bring along a pair of binoculars and spend some time observing the different bird species in the forest.
- Picnicking: Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a meal with your pet in the beautiful surroundings of the forest. This is a great way to relax and enjoy the scenery with your furry friend.
- Photography: The forest is a great place to capture some stunning photographs of your pet. You can bring along your camera and spend some time snapping pictures of your furry friend in the beautiful surroundings of the forest.
- Stargazing: At night, you can take your pet out to stargaze and observe the different constellations in the sky. This is a great way to spend some quality time with your furry friend and enjoy the beauty of the forest at night.
These are just a few examples of the many fun activities that you can enjoy with your pet at pet-friendly lodges in the forest.
The Best Pet-Friendly Lodges in the Forest
Lodge #1: Forest Haven
Forest Haven offers a range of amenities that cater to both you and your furry companion. The lodge features comfortable and spacious rooms, each equipped with a pet bed, food and water bowls, and a personalized welcome gift for your pet. The lodge also has a designated pet play area, where your pet can socialize and play with other four-legged guests. Additionally, Forest Haven provides pet-sitting services, ensuring that your pet is well taken care of during your wildlife adventures.
Forest Haven is nestled deep within the heart of the forest, offering a tranquil and secluded setting for guests to connect with nature. The lodge is situated near a natural water source, providing ample opportunities for wildlife sightings. The surrounding forest is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including rare and endangered species, ensuring a unique and unforgettable wildlife experience.
Forest Haven is dedicated to providing a comfortable and safe environment for pets. The lodge has strict pet policies in place, including requirements for up-to-date vaccinations and proof of health insurance. The lodge also prohibits certain breeds and requires that pets are leashed or contained at all times when outside of their designated room. These policies ensure the safety and well-being of all guests, both human and animal.
Forest Haven is located in a prime wildlife habitat, offering guests the opportunity to witness a variety of wildlife species in their natural habitat. Common sightings include deer, raccoons, and birds of prey, while rare sightings include the elusive forest cat and the majestic eagle. The lodge also offers guided wildlife tours, led by experienced and knowledgeable guides, providing guests with an up-close and personal experience of the forest’s unique wildlife. Whether you’re an avid wildlife enthusiast or simply appreciate the beauty of nature, Forest Haven offers a truly unforgettable experience.
Lodge #2: Paws Up
Paws Up is a luxurious lodge nestled deep within the forest, offering a wide range of amenities to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay for both you and your furry friend. The lodge features spacious and elegantly designed rooms, each with its own private balcony or terrace that overlooks the stunning natural surroundings. Guests can enjoy gourmet meals at the on-site restaurant, which offers a diverse menu that caters to various dietary requirements. Paws Up also boasts a state-of-the-art fitness center, a serene spa, and an outdoor pool, providing ample opportunities for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Paws Up is situated in the heart of the forest, surrounded by lush greenery and towering trees. The lodge is conveniently located near several hiking trails, allowing guests to explore the wilderness and immerse themselves in the natural beauty of the forest. The surrounding area is also home to a variety of wildlife, providing ample opportunities for sightings and adventures.
Paws Up is a pet-friendly lodge that welcomes furry companions with open arms. The lodge offers specially designed pet-friendly rooms, equipped with all the necessary amenities to ensure a comfortable stay for your pet. Paws Up also provides pet beds, food and water bowls, and even a special menu for pets upon request. The lodge has a dedicated pet concierge who is available to assist with any specific needs or requests.
The forest surrounding Paws Up is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, and a variety of bird species. However, the lodge is also located near several protected areas, which are home to more elusive animals such as bears, wolves, and mountain lions. Guests can take guided tours of the surrounding area, led by experienced rangers or wildlife experts, to increase their chances of spotting some of these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
Lodge #3: Woofington Inn
- Luxurious pet-friendly rooms with comfortable beds and blankets for your furry companions
- Spacious yards for your pets to play and explore
- Gourmet pet menu featuring organic and locally sourced ingredients
- On-site dog grooming and spa services
- Access to private hiking trails and picnic areas
Located in the heart of the forest, Woofington Inn offers a tranquil and serene environment for both you and your pets. The lodge is surrounded by lush greenery and is situated near a picturesque creek, providing a perfect setting for a peaceful retreat.
Woofington Inn welcomes all well-behaved pets, including dogs, cats, and small animals. Pets are allowed in all public areas of the lodge, including the dining room and outdoor spaces. All pets must be leashed or crated when not in their designated rooms or yards. Woofington Inn also provides pet sitting and walking services for guests who wish to explore the surrounding area.
Woofington Inn is situated in a prime location for wildlife sightings. Guests have reported seeing a variety of animals, including deer, raccoons, and birds of prey. The lodge also offers guided wildlife tours and nature walks, led by experienced naturalists, for an up-close and personal experience with the forest’s inhabitants. Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind or explore the great outdoors, Woofington Inn is the perfect pet-friendly lodge for a unique wildlife experience.
Lodge #4: The Pawprint Hotel
The Pawprint Hotel offers a wide range of amenities that cater to both pets and their owners. The hotel has a large fenced-in area where pets can play and exercise, as well as a pet spa where they can be pampered. The hotel also provides pet beds, food and water bowls, and toys. For the owners, the hotel has a fitness center, a swimming pool, and a spa.
The Pawprint Hotel is located in the heart of the forest, surrounded by lush greenery and a variety of wildlife. The hotel is close to several hiking trails, allowing guests to explore the beautiful wilderness. The hotel is also near a small town where guests can find restaurants, shops, and other attractions.
The Pawprint Hotel has very pet-friendly policies. Pets are allowed in all areas of the hotel, including the rooms and common areas. There is no size or breed restriction for pets, and the hotel provides a pet deposit box for guests who need to leave their pets alone in their room. The hotel also provides pet waste bags and disposal bags.
The Pawprint Hotel is located in an area where guests can spot a variety of wildlife. Guests have reported seeing deer, foxes, and a variety of birds. The hotel also offers guided wildlife tours, where guests can learn about the different species of animals that live in the forest.
Lodge #5: The Petal Palace
The Petal Palace offers a range of amenities that make it an ideal destination for pet owners who want to enjoy a unique wildlife experience in the forest. Guests can expect to find comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, and a variety of activities that cater to both pets and their owners. The lodge also provides a range of services, including laundry, housekeeping, and a concierge service that can help guests plan their itinerary and book activities.
The Petal Palace is located in the heart of the forest, making it an ideal base for exploring the area’s wildlife. The lodge is situated on the banks of a river, which provides an opportunity for guests to go fishing or take a leisurely boat ride. The surrounding forest is home to a variety of animals, including deer, raccoons, and birds, which can be seen from the lodge’s windows or during guided walks.
The Petal Palace is pet-friendly and welcomes pets of all sizes and breeds. Pets are allowed in all areas of the lodge, including the rooms, restaurant, and common areas. The lodge provides pet beds, food and water bowls, and other amenities to ensure that pets are comfortable during their stay. The lodge also has a dedicated staff member who is responsible for ensuring that pets are well-cared for and that their owners have everything they need.
The Petal Palace offers guests the opportunity to see a variety of wildlife up close. The lodge’s location in the forest means that guests can expect to see a variety of animals, including deer, raccoons, and birds. The lodge also offers guided walks and other activities that allow guests to get closer to the forest’s wildlife. For example, guests can take a boat ride on the river to see the local wildlife, or go on a guided hike to spot birds and other animals.
Lodge #6: Pawsitively Serene
Pawsitively Serene offers a range of amenities that make it an ideal choice for pet owners looking for a comfortable and enjoyable stay in the forest. The lodge features cozy rooms with comfortable beds and soft linens, ensuring that both you and your furry friend will have a good night’s sleep. The lodge also offers a range of activities such as hiking trails, birdwatching, and wildlife observation, which can be enjoyed with your pet.
Pawsitively Serene is located in the heart of the forest, offering easy access to a variety of natural attractions. The lodge is situated near a stream, providing a peaceful and serene environment for guests to relax and unwind. The surrounding forest is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including birds, mammals, and reptiles, which can be seen on guided tours or during self-guided exploration.
Pawsitively Serene is pet-friendly and welcomes pets of all sizes and breeds. The lodge has a dedicated pet area where pets can be kept during the stay, and there are also walking paths and designated areas where pets can be walked. The lodge provides pet beds, food, and water bowls, ensuring that your pet’s needs are met during your stay.
Pawsitively Serene is an ideal location for wildlife enthusiasts, with a range of species to be seen in their natural habitat. Guests have reported sightings of deer, foxes, and raccoons, among other animals, during their stay at the lodge. The lodge also offers guided tours and nature walks, which can be enjoyed with your pet, providing an opportunity to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
Tips for a Successful Pet-Friendly Lodge Stay
Preparing for Your Trip
When planning a pet-friendly lodge stay in the forest, there are several important things to consider to ensure a successful and enjoyable trip. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose the Right Lodge
The first step in preparing for your trip is to choose the right pet-friendly lodge. There are many lodges in the forest that welcome pets, but not all of them are created equal. Research different lodges and read reviews from other pet owners to find one that suits your needs and preferences. Consider factors such as the location, amenities, and pet policies when making your decision.
- Plan Ahead for Your Pet’s Needs
Pets require special care and attention, so it’s important to plan ahead for their needs during your trip. Make sure you have everything your pet will need, such as food, water bowls, leashes, and any medications they may require. If you’re staying in a lodge that offers pet services, such as dog walking or grooming, make sure to book these services in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Pack for Your Pet
In addition to your own luggage, you’ll need to pack for your pet as well. Bring along a comfortable bed or blanket for them to sleep on, as well as any toys or treats they may enjoy. Don’t forget to pack any necessary grooming supplies, such as brushes or combs, and make sure your pet is wearing identification tags in case they get lost.
- Check the Lodge’s Pet Policies
Before you arrive at the lodge, make sure you understand their pet policies. Some lodges may have restrictions on where pets can and cannot go on the property, or they may require pets to be kept in a specific area. It’s important to respect these policies to ensure a smooth and enjoyable stay for both you and your pet.
- Plan for Your Own Comfort
While it’s important to consider your pet’s needs, don’t forget to plan for your own comfort as well. Make sure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay, such as comfortable clothing and toiletries. You’ll want to be able to relax and enjoy your trip, so don’t forget to take care of yourself as well.
Making the Most of Your Stay
- Engage in outdoor activities: Take advantage of the beautiful forest surroundings by going on hikes, nature walks, or even horseback riding. This will not only give you and your pet a chance to explore the wilderness but also provide an opportunity to spot local wildlife.
- Participate in lodge-led events: Many pet-friendly lodges offer events such as birdwatching, wildlife viewing, and guided nature tours. These activities can help you learn more about the local ecosystem and its inhabitants, while also creating lasting memories with your furry friend.
- Relax and unwind: Pet-friendly lodges often provide a tranquil atmosphere, making it easy to relax and unwind. Take some time to disconnect from the daily grind and reconnect with nature. Whether it’s reading a book by the fireplace or simply enjoying a quiet walk with your pet, make sure to take advantage of the peaceful surroundings.
- Socialize with other pet owners: Many pet-friendly lodges attract animal lovers from all over, providing a great opportunity to meet and connect with like-minded individuals. Strike up conversations with fellow guests, share stories about your pets, and exchange tips for pet care and travel.
- Enjoy pet-friendly amenities: Take advantage of the pet-friendly amenities that the lodge has to offer. From pet beds and food to toys and grooming supplies, most pet-friendly lodges will cater to your pet’s needs. Enjoy the luxury of having your pet by your side throughout your stay without having to worry about any additional hassles.
Leaving a Positive Impact
When staying at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest, it’s important to leave a positive impact on the environment and local wildlife. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
- Respect the wildlife: Remember that the animals in the forest are not pets and should be treated with respect. Avoid feeding them or attempting to touch them, as this can disrupt their natural behavior and potentially harm them.
- Stay on designated trails: When hiking or exploring the forest, always stay on designated trails to avoid disturbing the local wildlife and damaging the fragile ecosystem.
- Pack out what you pack in: Make sure to properly dispose of all waste, including pet waste, to keep the forest clean and free of pollution.
- Be mindful of noise levels: Try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially at night, as loud noises can disrupt the wildlife and disturb their natural behavior.
- Support conservation efforts: If possible, consider supporting local conservation efforts by volunteering or making a donation to a wildlife organization.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your pet-friendly lodge stay has a positive impact on the environment and local wildlife.
Reflecting on Your Unique Wildlife Experience
After returning from your pet-friendly lodge stay in the forest, it’s important to take some time to reflect on your unique wildlife experience. This reflection can help you appreciate the memories you’ve made, and it can also inspire you to plan future adventures. Here are some tips for reflecting on your unique wildlife experience:
- Share your photos and stories: One of the best ways to remember your wildlife experience is by sharing your photos and stories with friends and family. Create a photo album or share your photos on social media to relive your experience and inspire others to explore the great outdoors.
- Journal about your experience: Another way to reflect on your wildlife experience is by journaling about it. Write down your thoughts, feelings, and observations about the animals you saw, the activities you participated in, and the people you met. Your journal can become a treasured keepsake that you can look back on for years to come.
- Plan your next adventure: Reflecting on your wildlife experience can also inspire you to plan your next adventure. Think about the things you loved most about your pet-friendly lodge stay and how you can incorporate those elements into your next trip. Whether it’s exploring a new forest or visiting a different part of the world, your reflection can help you plan your next adventure.
- Appreciate the memories: Finally, take some time to simply appreciate the memories you’ve made. Reflect on the beauty of the forest, the thrill of seeing new animals, and the joy of spending time with your pet. These memories can be a source of comfort and inspiration long after your trip is over.
Planning Your Next Pet-Friendly Adventure
Before embarking on your pet-friendly lodge stay, it’s important to plan your adventure to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for both you and your furry companion. Here are some tips to consider when planning your next pet-friendly adventure:
Choose the Right Lodge
The first step in planning your pet-friendly adventure is to choose the right lodge. Do your research and read reviews to find lodges that cater specifically to pets. Look for lodges that offer pet-friendly amenities such as dog beds, food, and toys. It’s also important to choose a lodge that is located in a pet-friendly area with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
Consider Your Pet’s Needs
Next, consider your pet’s needs. Will they need a specific type of food or medication during your stay? Will they require any special accommodations such as a crate or a pet carrier? Make sure to communicate these needs with the lodge ahead of time to ensure they can accommodate your pet’s needs.
When planning your pet-friendly adventure, be sure to plan activities that are pet-friendly. Many lodges offer pet-friendly hiking trails, beaches, and parks that you and your pet can explore together. Be sure to check with the lodge and local authorities to ensure that the areas you plan to visit are pet-friendly and safe for your pet.
Lastly, make sure to pack essentials for your pet such as food, water, treats, leash, and waste bags. It’s also a good idea to bring a first-aid kit for your pet in case of any emergencies.
By following these tips, you can ensure a successful and enjoyable pet-friendly lodge stay, and create unforgettable memories with your furry companion.
1. What is a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
A pet-friendly lodge in the forest is a hotel or resort that offers accommodation for pets and their owners, typically located in a natural setting such as a forest or wilderness area. These lodges often provide amenities such as pet-friendly rooms, walking trails, and other outdoor activities that are safe and enjoyable for pets.
2. What types of wildlife can I expect to see at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
The types of wildlife you may encounter at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest will depend on the location and surrounding ecosystem. Some common examples include birds, deer, rabbits, squirrels, and other small mammals. Depending on the lodge and its location, you may also have the opportunity to see larger animals such as bears, wolves, or moose.
3. Are there dog-friendly nature walks at pet-friendly lodges in the forest?
Yes, many pet-friendly lodges in the forest offer dog-friendly nature walks, allowing you and your pet to explore the beautiful natural surroundings together. These walks are typically led by knowledgeable guides who can help you and your pet observe wildlife and learn about the local ecosystem.
4. Can I bring my own food for my pet at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
Yes, most pet-friendly lodges in the forest allow you to bring your own food for your pet. It’s a good idea to check with the lodge ahead of time to confirm their specific policies and to ensure that you have everything you need for your pet’s stay.
5. Are there any restrictions on where I can take my pet at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
While most pet-friendly lodges in the forest allow pets in many areas, there may be some restrictions on where pets are allowed. For example, pets may not be allowed in certain public areas or during certain activities. It’s important to check with the lodge ahead of time to understand their specific policies and to ensure that you and your pet have a safe and enjoyable stay.
6. Are there any additional fees for bringing my pet to a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
Many pet-friendly lodges in the forest charge an additional fee for pets, which may include charges for cleaning, damage, and other pet-related expenses. It’s important to check with the lodge ahead of time to understand their specific policies and to ensure that you are aware of any additional fees that may apply.
7. How do I make a reservation at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest?
To make a reservation at a pet-friendly lodge in the forest, you can typically contact the lodge directly or book online through their website. It’s a good idea to confirm the lodge’s specific policies and requirements for pets ahead of time, and to ensure that you have everything you need for your pet’s stay.